Cybercrime is an evolving threat, and DAT is ready to lead the industry’s fraud prevention efforts. With over 40 years of experience, DAT understands the industry’s complex challenges. At the heart of this defense is DAT’s Network Integrity Unit, a dedicated team committed to keeping fraudulent actors at bay and safeguarding your business.
A legacy of trust and knowledge
With four decades in the freight industry, DAT has accumulated a wealth of knowledge and insights that are invaluable in combating cybercrime. This deep well of experience allows us to identify trends, predict threats, and react swiftly to any suspicious activity. Our longevity in the industry has not only given us expertise but also fostered trust and credibility among our clients.
The most common forms of fraud
- Fake accounts
- Phishing campaigns / compromised accounts
- Identity theft
- Cargo theft
- Double brokering (related and unrelated to the above)
- Nonpayment of freight bills
How we’re fighting back: the Network Integrity Unit
The Network Integrity Unit is a specialized team within DAT dedicated to maintaining the integrity of our network. Dedicated employees work around the clock, maintaining a 100% response rate to network complaints. Their role is crucial–they work tirelessly to prevent fraudulent actors from infiltrating our system, ensuring that your business remains protected.
Our team employs advanced cybersecurity measures and tools to detect and neutralize threats. They constantly double-check the authorities and identities of users. They monitor our network round-the-clock for any signs of suspicious activity and act swiftly to investigate and resolve any potential issues. This proactive approach minimizes risk and ensures our network remains secure.
DAT’s Network Integrity Unit is more than just a cybersecurity team–it’s your business’s first line of defense against cybercrime. Our commitment to network integrity and our deep industry knowledge make us uniquely equipped to protect your business.
DAT’s plan of action against fraud
At DAT, we’re taking proactive steps to protect against cyber threats via:
- Implementing stronger password criteria
- Round-the-clock third-party security monitoring and testing
- Enabling two-factor authentication
- Creating a fraud protection resource library and a live dashboard, where you can check for alerts
- Enhanced network participant vetting processes
- Maintaining a 100% response rate to reports
How everyone can fight bad actors
- Study DAT’s resources – Knowledge is power. Familiarize yourself with the latest news and updates about fraud in logistics with DAT’s library of fraud protection resources.
- Report bad actors – Have you encountered fraudulent actors in your network? Don’t let them get by – report them to us so we can ensure other users won’t encounter them and they are removed from DAT’s ecosystem. We maintain a 100% response rate to these reports. Additionally, if you become the victim of a cyber crime, immediately report it to IC3.gov.
- Don’t hesitate to ask questions – As always, DAT is here to help. If you’d like to speak to our compliance department, please call 800-547-5417 or email us at [email protected].
The post DAT’s Network Integrity Unit: Your shield against freight cybercrime appeared first on DAT Freight & Analytics – Blog.